Okay, y’all. You’re probably thinking, do we really need a recipe for Air-Fried Sweet Potato Fries? I’m here to tell you… yes, yes you do.
If you haven’t even had sweet potato fries, I’m really giving you the side-eye because they are delicious. They are a great switch up from the normal french fries that we are used to. Although they don’t ever get as crispy, the slight sweetness paired with the savory taste of salt + pepper is such a great experience for your tastebuds.
It’s getting hotter and I’m doing a bunch of testing for my next air-fryer-themed cookbook, so naturally, I was super excited to throw these bad boys in my Ninja Air Fryer! Sign me up for no hot oven running for 45 minutes.
The best thing about sweet potato fries is that you don’t have to take that extra step of soaking the potatoes like you would regular ones… Sweet potatoes don’t have the starch that normal russet/yellow/red potatoes do, so you can chop and cook them straight away.
I normally like mine with savory seasonings, but I’ve also had these fries with cinnamon and sugar for a really sweet treat. Also, going the savory route makes these completely Whole30. Whenever you’re craving some sweetness like me, these fries won’t ruin your journey!
Try these Air-Fried Sweet Potato Fries alongside a juicy burger, chicken sandwich, or wings; it’s only four steps!
Air-Fried Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 ct. sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Wash and slice the sweet potatoes into fry shapes. (I keep the skin on for extra fiber, but you can peel if you prefer.)
- Toss the potatoes in olive oil.
- Add potatoes to the air fryer in an even layer. At 375°F, cook potatoes for 18-20 minutes. Flip halfway.
- Remove cooked fries and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.40
- Total Cost (4 servings): $1.61
- Those Other Guys: $4.99 per serving