Look no further, this Creamy Spinach Dip is all you need for your next game day, weekday, heck – whenever the craving hits.
You guys know from my Spinach & Artichoke Dip Quesadillas post, that spinach dip just happens to be my favorite dip of all time. It’s probably because I already love spinach (can you tell? I use it in almost every recipe lol); plus, when you add all that creamy & cheesy goodness, it takes it to the next level!
So my absolute favorite version of this is from a place called Cheddar’s. I don’t know what they do, but I couldn’t find a recipe that compared to their spicy, creamy, and cheesy dip. Until now!
Thankfully, this recipe isn’t really complicated at all. Just dump everything into a big bowl, season to taste, and bake. Some people like to chop up their own spinach, but I say skip all of that wasted effort and just thaw out a couple of bags of frozen spinach!
Serve my Creamy Spinach Dip with tortilla chips of course, or spice it up and use crispy bread. I’ve even seen people scoop it up with veggie sticks *boooo* but no judgment there haha. I like mine hot, but you can eat this straight out of the fridge if you want as well. Definitely bake it first, though; the cheese pull you get from all of that melted cheese is unreal!
Creamy Spinach Dip
- 2 bags frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ct. jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella reserve ½ cup for topping
- 1 cup Monterey jack reserve ½ cup for topping
- 1 tbsp Adobo seasoning
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients (remember – reserve half of the cheeses) besides the seasonings. Stir well until completely combined and the mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Add the seasonings to your dip; taste, and adjust to your preference.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add the spinach dip to the dish and top with the remaining shredded cheeses.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake, covered, for 25 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake uncovered for another 8-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or crispy bread. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.79
- Total Cost (1 large pizza): $6.35
- Those Other Guys: $6.99 per serving