This Creamy Hot Spinach Dip is a copycat recipe of my favorite version from Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen! I love to serve this with tortilla chips or pita bread slices. If you’re looking for a super easy appetizer, this is the perfect dish to make!
Look no further, this Creamy Hot Spinach Dip is all you need for your next game day, weekday, or whenever the craving hits. Don’t forget the tortilla chips, pita bread, or garlic bread!
- Frozen Chopped Spinach – We’re going to start with 2 bags of frozen chopped spinach. Be sure to thaw and drain as much water as possible from them.
- Cream Cheese – I use a combo of cream cheese & sour cream to help create that creaminess that makes spinach dip so good!
- Sour Cream – Along with using sour cream inside of the dip, I also serve the final product with some fresh sour cream on top, similar to Cheddar’s. You can substitute this with plain Greek yogurt!
- Heavy Cream – Just a touch of heavy cream brings everything together.
- Jalapeño – Using pickled jalapeños really gives spinach dip that perfect amount of spice without being too overpowering. You can also make this with a fresh jalapeño.
- Shredded Cheeses – A mix of mozzarella & Monterey jack shredded cheese gives us a perfect cheesy flavor and consistency. We’ll also top the spinach dip with more cheese before baking! I suggest shredding your own cheese from a block for the best melt.
How to Make Hot Spinach Dip
You guys know from my Spinach & Artichoke Dip Quesadillas post, that spinach dip just happens to be my favorite dip of all time. It’s probably because I already love spinach (can you tell? I use it in almost every recipe lol); plus, when you add all that creamy & cheesy goodness, it takes it to the next level!
So my absolute favorite version of this is from a place called Cheddar’s. I don’t know what they do, but I couldn’t find a recipe that compared to their spicy, creamy, and cheesy dip. Until now!
Thankfully, this recipe isn’t really complicated at all. Just dump everything into a big bowl, season to taste, and bake. Some people like to chop up their own spinach, but I say skip all of that wasted effort and just thaw out a couple of bags of frozen spinach.
We’re going to first bake it covered – to ensure the insides get all nice and melty. Then, remove the foil covering and bake for another 10 minutes. Finally, broil the spinach dip for a few minutes so the cheese on top gets that perfect golden-brown crust!
Serve my Creamy Spinach Dip with tortilla chips of course, or spice it up and use crispy bread. I’ve even seen people scoop it up with veggie sticks *boooo* but no judgment there haha. I like mine hot, but you can eat this straight out of the fridge if you want as well.
Definitely bake it first, though; the cheese pull you get from all of that melted cheese is unreal!
More Super Easy Appetizers!
Creamy Hot Spinach Dip
- 16 oz. frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. pickled jalapeños finely chopped
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella reserve ½ cup for topping
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack reserve ½ cup for topping
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 ½ tsp. salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients (remember – reserve half of the cheeses) besides the seasonings. Stir well until completely combined and the mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Add the seasonings to your dip. Taste, and adjust any extra seasonings to your preference.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish or cast-iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add the spinach dip to the dish and top with the remaining shredded cheeses.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake, covered, for 25 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- Cut the oven on broil for 3-5 minutes, until the topping is golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or crispy bread. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.71
- Total Cost: $5.68
- Those Other Guys: $12.00 per serving