If you’ve read my Chicken Burger Bowls recipe, you know I have a newfound love for ground chicken. I try to limit my red meat intake, and ground chicken tastes so good and cooks just like its beef/turkey counterparts! So when I wanted to try to make meatballs, I reached for a pack of ground chicken and came up with the best juicy chicken meatball recipe ever!
You will not be disappointed; they are light, juicy, and super tasty! These meatballs made their way to my workday meal prep menu because they are truly easy to make ahead of time and they reheat well straight from the freezer.
Imagine the possibilities – served over mashed potatoes with homemade gravy, slow-cooked party-style with barbecue sauce, alongside some roasted veggies, or even in spaghetti? I’m drooling! These are also dairy-free, but sometimes I add nutritional yeast for a little razzle-dazzle of cheesy flavor. This recipe would be super tasty in mozzarella-stuffed meatballs as well.
I included some suggested spices, but I can think of some tasty flavor variations as well… Cajun, lemon pepper, Italian maybe?
Next time you’re in the meat section of your local grocer, see if they have some ground chicken and give this juicy chicken meatballs recipe a try. (Most of the time, my store’s ground chicken is actually cheaper than ground turkey!) And don’t forget, you can always make extra and freeze these! I’ve included freezing notes in the recipe card.
Juicy Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 ct. eggs
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Set oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix using a spoon. I like to season here with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- Roll mixture into about 1-inch balls. For consistency, use a small ice cream scoop to grab the mixture for each ball.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Meatballs will have a nice golden brown color when done.
- Remove from oven and serve with your favorite sides or sauces. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving (6 meatballs): $1.11
- Total Cost (about 24 meatballs): $4.44
- Those Other Guys: $12.99 per serving