Looking for easy Easter dessert ideas? These Mini Cadbury Egg Blondies are the perfect treat for any time of the year, especially when you can get your hands on some of those tasty mini eggs! And best of all – there’s no mixer required for this gorgeous, two-bowl recipe.
If you love Mini Eggs, you absolutely have to make these Mini Cadbury Egg Blondies! They are moist, chewy, and have a beautiful brown sugar taste. The mini eggs give a great crunch from their shell and a pop of milk chocolate flavor from the inside. Plus, you can have this Easter treat on the table in less than 30 minutes – guaranteed!
- Mini Cadbury Eggs – From what I’ve seen, Mini Cadbury Eggs are only around my local grocery store during Spring/Easter. I have heard of some people stocking up on a few extra bags for later on in the year, but I’ll leave that up to you…
- Brown Sugar – We’re using brown sugar as the sweetener for these brownies. The molasses in brown sugar gives a better depth of flavor than granulated. I used light brown, but dark brown will work in a pinch.
- Melted Butter – The best part about blondies is the buttery, almost cookie bar-like flavor! Melted butter helps create that taste we’re looking for. Use unsalted, or if you only have salted butter, omit the extra pinch of salt in the recipe.
How to Make Blondies
We’re actually going to use the best blondie recipe on the Internet as a base – my Brown Sugar Blondies!
If you didn’t know, Blondies are brownies without cocoa. Instead of a chocolatey taste, they have a beautiful vanilla + brown sugar + buttery flavor. They are incredibly moist, and just sweet enough without being over the top. They honestly remind me a little bit of a cookie bar as well.
Blondies are incredibly easy to make. We’re going to start out with a mixture of melted butter and brown sugar. Add in eggs, vanilla extract, and some dry ingredients like flour and baking powder. Finally, you can get creative with whatever mix-ins you choose! For my staple blondie recipe, I normally add white chocolate chips or chopped nuts. In this recipe, of course, we’re using those tasty Mini Cadbury Eggs.
Cadbury Mini Eggs are made of a milk chocolate sphere in the shape of an egg, with a crunchy candy shell. They are similar to M&Ms, but with their own tasty flavor (not to mention, they are just so cute!) You can see the full list of ingredients here.
Store these blondies in an air-tight container for 3-4 days (if they last that long.)
I don’t believe they are stocked in U.S. grocery stores year-round… however, they are sold in Canada year-round, and you may be able to find someone online like Amazon!
Other Recipes for Easter You’ll Love!
Mini Cadbury Egg Blondies
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ + ⅛ cup light brown sugar tightly packed
- 1 ct. egg
- 1 ct. egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ⅛ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup Mini Cadbury Eggs crushed, plus more for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line a 8 x 8 brownie pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the melted butter and brown sugar into a large bowl; stir until combined.
- Add in the egg + egg yolk and vanilla extract. Mix again until completely integrated.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, a little at a time, stirring until fully combined.
- Gently fold in the Mini Cadbury Eggs.
- Pour the batter into the brownie pan (batter will be very thick.) Spread the batter around the pan until it's even. Top with some extra Mini Cadbury Eggs for decoration.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until a knife in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.55
- Total Cost (9 servings): $4.92
- Those Other Guys: $4.99 per blondie