Need an easy, straight-to-the-point recipe for perfectly roasted asparagus? Look no further than my Sheet Pan Roasted Asparagus recipe! You’ll have a beautiful green veggie side in about 8 minutes – guaranteed.
It’s Sunday… which means it’s meal prep day! I’m kicking it off with these beautiful, easy roasted asparagus.
Meal prepping has honestly saved my pockets and given me back so much time during the week. I love to take 2 or so hours on a Sunday to prep all of my meals, and then wash all the dishes (the most important part) so I don’t have to bother with any of that during the week! I separate everything into my containers, and it takes no time at all to heat up a healthy meal especially after a day of work.
Why Should I Roast Veggies in the Oven?
One of the easiest ways to maximize your meal prep time is to roast your veggies on a sheet pan. Here’s why I almost ALWAYS roast my veggies, especially green veggies, in the oven:
- It makes your veggies extra tasty. All of that flavor really shines when you roast them.
- The texture is amazing. If you have picky eaters, or you are the picky eater (no judgement here) – try to roast it vs. boiling, steaming, etc.
- It’s so EASY. You can cover the pan with parchment or aluminum foil to make for easy cleanup. As far as preparation, all you really do is wash and season. So simple!
- Roasting is really hands off. You can focus your time on the main dish, or Tiktok, or the latest show instead of worrying about your veggies. Just set the timer and go.
Try my recipe for perfect roasted asparagus with a squeeze of lemon and some grated Parmesan if you’re feeling fancy. I try to always have something green on my plate so I serve this with all proteins: anything from baked salmon to chicken meatballs, or Italian sausage to crispy chicken wings. Let me know in the comments if you ever take a day to meal prep for the week!
More Easy Side Dishes!
Perfect Sheet Pan Roasted Asparagus
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. harissa seasoning
- ¼ ct. lemon
- grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Rinse asparagus and remove hard stalks at the bottom Pro tip: breaking these off using your hands is super easy and the hard stalk will naturally break where it is supposed to!
- Spread the asparagus on the pan and drizzle with olive oil and harissa seasoning. Toss to cover completely.
- Slice your lemon and add a few slices on top of the asparagus.
- Roast for 8 minutes. Remove, zest with a bit of lemon peel, and sprinkle grated parmesan on top. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.65
- Total Cost per pan (6 servings): $3.89
- Those Other Guys: $6.99+ per side