Updated: Oct 9
Y'ALL. Get into that texture.
Remember my other post where I confided about my kitchen gadget obsession? Well, I really think an air fryer might be the next one on my list. I've heard just way too many great things about it.
In the meantime... what is a girl to do when she wants crispy wings and doesn't have an air fryer? We make due in the oven!
These wings are so crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Bursting with flavor, and not even requiring a lot of prep, I was mind-blown that these came out so well in the oven!!
The only "special" item this recipe requires is a wire rack - even if you don't bake a lot, I suggest grabbing one because they have so many uses in the kitchen. I can't wait for you to try these super good wings (and feel free to toss with your favorite sauce, obv.) Have you taken the plunge and bought an air fryer? What are your thoughts?
Chicken Wings (party sized) | 24 ct. | $4.99
McCormick Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning | 2 tbsp. | $0.41
Olive Oil | 2 tbsp. | $0.21
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Add wings to a large bowl & pat wings dry (take your time to do this thoroughly - the drier they are the better!)
3. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle McCormick seasoning on the wings. I also add a little garlic powder & red pepper because why not?
4. Toss wings to ensure equal coverage. Cover bowl with cling wrap/lid and let seasonings marinate for about 20 minutes.
5. Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet and spray rack with non-stick spray. Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil to catch drippings.
6. Add seasoned wings on the wire rack, ensuring a little space is in between each wing.
7. Bake wings for about 40-50 minutes until cooked fully through and the skin is crispy.
8. Remove from oven and serve; this seasoning makes wings taste amazing on their own but you can also toss in your favorite sauces. Enjoy!
These wings are so perfect with my garlic honey soy sauce! Comes together in under 10 minutes!
The Coined Breakdown
Total Cost per serving (6 wings): $1.50
Total Cost (24 wings): $5.99
Those Other Guys: $8.99+ per serving
Total Savings: about $30 for a family of 4!