Updated: Oct 9
It's Sunday... which means its meal prep day!
Meal prepping has honestly saved my pockets and given me back so much time during the week. I love to take 2 or so hours on a Sunday to prep all of my meals, and then wash allll the dishes (the most important part) so I don't have to bother with any of that during the week! I separate everything into my containers - these I scored on Amazon have been a lifesaver - and it takes no time at all to heat up a healthy meal especially after a day of work.
One of the easiest ways to maximize your meal prep time is to roast your veggies on a sheet pan. Not only is roasting one of the tastiest ways to cook vegetables, but it makes for easy prep and cleanup and frees up your hands to do other tasks!
Try these roasted asparagus with a squeeze of lemon and maybe some fresh grated Parmesan if you're feeling fancy. I try to always have something green on my plate so I serve this with all proteins: anything from baked salmon to chicken meatballs, or Italian sausage to crispy chicken wings. Let me know in the comments if you ever take a day to meal prep for the week!
Asparagus | 2 lbs. | $6.83
Whole Lemon | 1 ct. | $0.50
Olive Oil | 2 tbsp. | $0.21
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil.
2. Rinse asparagus and remove hard stalks at the bottom [Pro tip: breaking these off using your hands is super easy and the hard stalk will naturally break where it is supposed to!]
3. Spread asparagus on the pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder (sometimes I'll add red pepper flakes for a kick as well.) Toss to cover.
4. Roast for about 25-35 minutes.
5. Squeeze lemon over asparagus. If adding grated Parmesan, sprinkle and toss veggies again until covered. Enjoy!
Try this with my honey-soy glazed salmon for an easy, healthy, and super tasty dinner!
The Coined Breakdown
Total Cost (1 serving): $1.26
Total Cost per pan (6 servings): $7.54
Those Other Guys: $3.99+ per side