Updated: Oct 9
Whoever decided to put blueberries and lemon together, bravo! I've made this flavor combination with lemonade, cheesecake, scones, and now - something super easy and yummy - bread!
This was my first time making "bread" (although without any yeast, I'd say this is more of a cake than anything) and I was extra nervous that something would go wrong. However, this is really the easiest dish to put together and it just looks so delicious!
I brought this to a party and we devoured it as is, but I'm envisioning powdered sugar or even a lemon glaze on top if you want to get really fancy...
All-Purpose Flour | 1 and 3/4 cups + 1 tbsp. | $0.08
Baking Powder | 1 tsp. | $0.02
Salt | 1/2 tsp. | $0.01
Maple Syrup | 3/4 cup| $0.75
Greek Yogurt | 1/4 cup | $0.31
Vegetable Oil | 1/4 cup | $0.08
Eggs (Large) | 2 ct. | $0.22
Lemon Juice | 3 tbsp. | $0.79
Blueberries | 3/4 cup | $1.63
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan; I used a 9 x 5.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour (save the tbsp. for later), baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the wet ingredients until combined. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed.
4. Toss blueberries with the tbsp. of flour [Pro tip: this keeps ingredients from sinking to the bottom of whatever you are baking - I use this trick for berries, sprinkles, nuts, etc!]
6. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 35-50 minutes, until a knife or toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
7. Let cool for about 10 minutes and transfer to a wire rack. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
Total Cost (6 generous slices): $3.89
Total Cost per slice: $0.65