Updated: Oct 9
Look at that detail. *chefs kiss*
Y'all, I really enjoy eggs. I'm that person that will go to a restaurant and be mad if the breakfast plate doesn't include eggs. Like, what is up with that?? It doesn't feel like a "real" breakfast to me without them.
These little babies pack so much nutrition into a tiny vessel. Plus, think of all the ways you can make eggs! Whenever I'm on a Whole30 round, I'm that person that seldom gets tired of eating eggs in some form for breakfast.
I make these fluffy mini frittatas all the time and just keep a stash in the fridge to pull out whenever I need them. They're great for getting in some protein and a hot meal before the morning rush of work or school. Try them with the flavor combinations below (spinach/mushroom + fiesta style), or jazz it up with your favorite veggies and cheese!
Eggs (Large) | 8 ct. | $0.88
Almond Milk, unsweetened | 1/2 cup | $0.19
Spinach, chopped* | 1/2 oz. | $0.06
Mushrooms, chopped | 2 ct. | $0.14
Bell Pepper & Onion Mix, chopped* | 1 oz | $0.09
*I love me some frozen veggies, so the starred ingredients are frozen - convenient and cheap that way - but if you want fresh it's an easy sub! Just chop them up yourself.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and almond milk until fully combined. I like to season at this step with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Pour egg mixture into cupcake pan. Top half of the pan with spinach and mushrooms, and the other half with the bell pepper & onion mix.
4. Bake for about 16 minutes. Mini frittatas will be fluffy and have a very slight brown top.
5. Immediately serve and enjoy!
To freeze, let mini frittatas cool completely. Store in a freezer bag. These can easily be reheated straight from frozen by microwaving for 1-2 minutes, until warm all the way through.
The Coined Breakdown
Total Cost per serving (2 frittatas): $0.23
Total Cost (6 servings): $1.36
Those Other Guys: $4.49 per serving
Total Savings: over $25 in total savings!