There’s nothing like spinach & artichoke dip quesadillas to really spice up your weekday lunch.
How many of us lose control when any dip + chips are brought to the table? *raises hand shyly*
Queso, salsa, guacamole; I don’t discriminate. My favorite may just be spinach & artichoke dip though – it has some veggies in it so I can pretend it’s healthier than the others. I also happen to love spinach in most things.
The other day, I unfortunately didn’t have any tortilla chips handy when I was gathering the ingredients to make spinach dip for a quick lunch. And as my eyes found the stack of tortillas in the fridge, the idea was born! Why not take all the gooey, cheesy, deliciousness of spinach dip and grill it up in a quesadilla?
Whew, this was such a great combination and it comes together super fast! The best part? They are also freezable! When you take these spinach & artichoke dip quesadillas out of the freezer, just thaw on the counter until soft and then re-grill in a skillet to get that crispiness back!
Spinach & Artichoke Dip Quesadillas
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 oz. artichoke hearts chopped
- 6 oz. chopped spinach
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 ct. flour tortillas burrito sized
- 4 oz. shredded monterey jack
- Heat 1 tbsp. of your olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- Add artichoke hearts and sauté for about 1 minute or until soft. Add spinach and stir until spinach has cooked down.
- Add cream cheese, and combine in the skillet into everything is melted. This is where I like to season to taste – salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper for a little kick. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat.
- Place one tortilla in the skillet. Add half of your spinach dip mixture to half of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle half of your shredded cheese on top. Fold the tortilla over.
- Cook for about two minutes or until tortilla is golden brown (or to your liking.) Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Remove and set aside to let it rest for a few minutes. Repeat steps 3 – 7 with the other tortilla and the rest of the spinach dip mixture.
- After both have rested for about a minute, serve alongside your favorite dips like sour cream and salsa. Enjoy!Pro tip: resting helps the dip fully set inside of the tortillas.
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $1.56
- Total Cost (3 servings): $4.69
- Those Other Guys: $10.00 a serving