Grab a bottle of water, because this Jerk Chicken Alfredo does not skimp out on the spice. You’ve been forwarned lol.
As much as I love spicy foods, I actually had never bought jerk seasoning before today. The good brands definitely are more on the pricier side, which probably contributed to my hesitation.. but I had to branch out and stop using my crushed red pepper and paprika for everything.
Of course, I had to buy a black-owned brand and Walkerswood did not disappoint! It’s definitely potent enough where you don’t need too much to get that pop of jerk flavor in your foods.
So onto this recipe. I use the same techniques I show you guys in my Cajun Sausage & Shrimp Alfredo to make a super tasty homemade alfredo. The ultimate tip – and I tell you guys this with pretty much everything we make – is to taste as you go!
You know how you want your sauce to taste, so don’t be afraid to get creative with spices and try different variations. We do add a little jerk seasoning to the alfredo sauce as well; so if you’re not that into spice, you can skip that step.
This Jerk Chicken Alfredo has a good amount of veggies in there so you at least feel good about your plate. Most of the cooking time isn’t hands-on, so you don’t need to be standing over the skillet for the entire process. I’m sure this will become a regular in your meal rotations like it has mine, so let me know in the comments how you like it!
Jerk Chicken Alfredo
- 1 ct. green bell pepper
- 1 ct. red bell pepper
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning
- 1 tbsp Adobo seasoning
- 2 ct. chicken breasts
- 8 oz. fettucine noodles
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Cut the green and red bell peppers into thin slices.
- Add 1 tsp of olive oil to a large skillet, and sauté the peppers and spinach on medium heat for about 10 minutes, until they soften. Season with 1/4 tsp. each of salt and black pepper and remove from skillet.
- Rub 1 tsp. of jerk seasoning onto the chicken, and season with 1/2 tbsp. of Adobo seasoning (be mindful if your jerk seasoning also has salt as an ingredient.)
- In a large pot, add a lot of water and salt the water. Let it get to a rolling boil, then add fettuccine and boil for about 6 minutes (the noodles will fully cook in the sauce.) Drain water.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the rest of the olive oil to the same skillet. Sear your chicken on medium heat for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway, until completely cooked. Remove from the skillet and slice.
- Add the heavy cream and almond milk to the skillet. Season with the onion powder, the minced garlic, the rest of the jerk seasoning, and Adobo seasoning to taste.
- Let the sauce come to a slight bubble, then add the noodles vegetables, and chicken.
- Combine, and cook for another 10 minutes or so, until the alfredo sauce has thickened. Serve with garlic bread and salad.
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $2.36
- Total Cost (4 big bowls): $9.42
- Those Other Guys: $14.99 per serving