This frozen yogurt bark has been going viral on Instagram/Pinterest, and for great reasons!
Lately, I’ve been loving a Greek yogurt + berries bowl for breakfast. Sometimes I even spruce it up with my homemade granola or whatever crushed nuts I have on hand. Greek yogurt is a fave of mine because of the natural probiotics and the fact that its such a neutral flavor, it goes well with almost everything!
I had a craving for some frozen yogurt (of the ice-cream variety…) and thought, why not transform my healthy breakfast into something I can use for a tasty, low-sugar snack or dessert?
Make this frozen yogurt bark whenever you want a healthier dessert, a portable breakfast, or an easy and fun snack. This would be super fun to bring the kids in to help decorate with your toppings! I used maple syrup as a sweetener, but honey would also work in a pinch. Make sure you wrap the baking sheet with plastic wrap before adding it to the freezer to avoid that freezer taste.
You can cut this into even squares for serving, or just do like me and use your hands to divide it up into chunky cute pieces. Feel free to get creative with this recipe. For fruit, I’ve used peaches, mangoes, or raspberries just to name a few. I also used almonds this time, but I imagine it would be great with crushed pecans, walnuts, or pistachios!
Frozen Yogurt Bark
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 ct. strawberries sliced
- ⅛ cup blueberries
- 6 ct. crushed almonds
- In a medium-sized bowl, add Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and whisk thoroughly until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Pour the yogurt mixture on the paper and spread it around with a knife so it is even.
- Top with fruit and nuts. Lay a sheet of plastic wrap over the baking sheet.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours, until firm.
- Take a large cutting knife and run hot water on it, then wipe the water off. Slice through your yogurt mixture to divide it into pieces.
- Store any extras in a freezer bag. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.46
- Total Cost (about 6 servings): $1.84
- Those Other Guys: $3.99 a serving