These one-bowl Lemon-Raspberry Oat Muffins are one bowl, made with no refined sugars, and baked to perfection all in 20 minutes. It’s the perfect breakfast on the go – no mixer required!
This recipe makes 9 Lemon-Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins, so make a batch on Sunday during your meal prep session to last you throughout the week! You basically get to have a healthy, filling bowl of oatmeal on the go. They’re also freezer-friendly and can be heated up in the microwave if you prefer them warm.
- Oats – Oats are the base of this healthy recipe; no flour included! I used 1-minute oats in this recipe, but I think steel-cut oats would work just as well.
- Raspberries – Grab some fresh raspberries and roughly chop them up; this helps ensure that tasty flavor in each bite. Be sure to gently stir them into the batter… raspberries are sensitive.
- Lemons – We use the juice of one lemon for our base flavor, then ramp it up by zesting the peel and adding that to the batter as well. Lemon and raspberry are one of my favorite flavor combos!
- Maple Syrup – These oatmeal muffins have no refined sugar (and are non-dairy as well!) We use pure maple syrup as a sweetener; as a bonus, you really don’t need as much since the fruit also provides sweetness.
Are Oatmeal Muffins Healthy for You?
I believe everyone should have their own version of “healthy”, but I can certainly say that these oat muffins are much healthier than their traditional counterparts! Yep, as tasty as they are, regular muffins are just cupcakes for breakfast… sorry!
In my recipe, we replace all-purpose flour with oats which are much easier on the digestive system. We also use maple syrup as a sweetener instead of white sugar. There’s no dairy in these oat muffins. Plus, there’s fresh fruit in every bite!
Even with all of the smart swaps, you don’t lose out on the tasty flavors, or the experience of eating something sweet instead of savory for breakfast. These Lemon-Raspberry Oat Muffins are perfectly sweet, light, and fluffy soft… trust me, they don’t last long in my house at all.
Other Breakfast Ideas You’ll Love!
Lemon Raspberry Oat Muffins
- 1 ct. lemon
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 ct. egg
- 2 cups 1-minute oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 oz. raspberries chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Add the juice from the lemon, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and the egg to a large bowl. Whisk thoroughly until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour in the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until fully combined.
- Gently stir in the chopped raspberries. Zest the lemon peel with a grater into the bowl; this adds more lemon flavor to your batter.
- Prepare a cupcake pan with liners or non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter evenly into 9 cupcake pans. The batter will be very liquid.
- Bake for 20 minutes. A knife in the center of the muffins should come out clean.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes. Any leftovers can be kept in the fridge or freezer and reheat well in the microwave. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.62
- Total Cost (6 muffins): $3.67
- Those Other Guys: $3.99 per muffin