Okay – it’s time for another Halloween recipe. Magic Wands! (aka – Chocolate Covered Pretzels.)
I first had these all the way back in 6th or 7th grade. One of my friends threw a Halloween party for all of us rascals, and her mom was that type of mom that went above and beyond on some middle schoolers.
On the party table, she had this huge stack of chocolate-covered pretzels… and she called them Magic Wands. I probably ate 10, and then couldn’t shut up about how great they were. (I talked so much about them, that a few days later, my friend bought a whole gallon Ziploc bag of Magic Wands to school – just for me!)
Years later, and these are still such a yummy and easy treat. You can really make them anytime (Valentine’s Day with red food coloring and heart sprinkles, Christmas with green food coloring and themed sparkles – you name it!), but we’re going to make Halloween-themed ones today.
Don’t feel too pressured with the decorations on these; I promise they don’t have to be perfect! You can color your dipping chocolate green/purple/orange, or leave them plain as I did. Top with sprinkles, chopped candy, Oreos, anything you want. The best part is, this whole recipe comes together in about 20 minutes (including chill time)
Happy Halloween! And for more chocolate-dipped treats, check out my 4-Ingredient Halloween Oreo Truffles.
Magic Wands (Chocolate Covered Pretzels)
- 1 bag chocolate chips dark or milk chocolate
- 1 bag chocolate chips white chocolate
- 1 bag jumbo pretzel rods
- decorations see recipe for suggestions
- Pour chocolate chips into two tall mugs or bowls.
- Heat in the microwave in 30-second increments, until fully melted.
- Dip the pretzel rods into the melted chocolate, going about halfway down the rod. Place on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Decorate with sprinkles, crushed Oreos, chopped candy, and more chocolate drizzles. (If drizzling on more chocolate, let the first coat set before adding a top layer.)
- Let the Magic Wands set in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Happy Halloween!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.96
- Total Cost (6 servings): $5.75
- Those Other Guys: $8.00 per serving