This One-Skillet Tuscan Chicken is one of my favorite easy weeknight dinners! Juicy chicken breasts in a tasty cream sauce with fresh spinach and sun-dried tomatoes – it’s something the whole family will love!
If you’re looking for a healthy weeknight dinner that doesn’t take long to make & tastes amazing, look no further! My One-Skillet Tuscan Chicken comes together in less than 30 minutes and all in one skillet too. The sauce is probably the best part – creamy, seasoned perfectly, and light enough where you don’t feel guilty after eating it. I pour a good amount over my chicken and whatever side dish I’m serving with it!
- Chicken Breasts – We’re going to brown the outsides of the chicken in the pan, remove the meat and let it rest, and then allow them to finish cooking in the sauce. This method ensures the juiciest chicken!
- Harissa Seasoning – Harissa seasoning is a spicy, smoky spice blend that hails from North Africa. It takes our tuscan chicken to another level. You can find this at your spice aisle in your local grocery store.
- Sundried Tomatoes – There’s something about sundried tomatoes that just elevate a dish. Be sure to slice them up thinly. I’ve also used the sundried tomato paste in a pinch.
- Spinach Leaves – Chopping up fresh spinach leaves gives a bit more texture and creates a prettier plate. However, I’ve used frozen spinach as well; just thaw and squeeze out any excess water.
- Heavy Cream + Almond Milk – Our cream sauce is based on a combination of heavy cream and milk, plus some fresh spices. The fun part about making the sauce is: you can tweak this to your tastebuds!
Tips to Make Tuscan Chicken
Make sure that you slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make them thinner; they will fully cook way faster this way. I also want to have a discussion on why chicken breasts are so big now, but that’s for another post.
If you check out my Instagram, you’ll see a Reel I posted for this that walks you through all the steps! I actually used sundried tomatoes paste instead of the whole ones in a jar, but it was still super tasty. Season to your liking, and serve this One-Skillet Tuscan Chicken over some jasmine rice or mashed potatoes.
Other One-Pan Meals For Dinner
One-Skillet Tuscan Chicken
- 2 ct. chicken breasts sliced lengthwise to make 4 thinner pieces
- 1 tbsp adobo seasoning
- 2 tsp harissa seasoning
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Take your chicken breasts and slice them lengthwise to create 4, thinner pieces of chicken. Season with Adobo & harissa seasoning on both sides.
- Pour olive oil into a skillet heated on medium heat. Cook the chicken breasts until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the chicken broth and dijon mustard. Stir using a spatula until your chicken broth starts to bubble.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, chopped spinach, heavy cream, and unsweetened almond milk. Stir well.
- Place the cooked chicken breasts on top of the cream sauce. Cook for 5 more minutes or so, until the sauce is boiling and slightly thickened.
- Using a spoon, baste the chicken breasts with the cream sauce. Serve over rice or with potatoes. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.93
- Total Cost (4 pieces): $3.70
- Those Other Guys: $13.99 per serving