Finally, a One-Skillet Chicken Tuscan recipe! *record scratch* Wait… Don’t we already have this on Coined Cuisine??
Well yes, my loyal readers, I do have a Non-Dairy version on the blog (It’s also completely Whole30, so check that one out if you’re trying to cut out the dairy.) But that one includes cherry tomatoes and mushrooms, so it’s not as traditional. I also used coconut cream so there is a slight difference in the texture of the sauce.
Sometimes, you just want the full-fledged thing. This recipe is definitely more traditional, with a bit of heavy cream (I did still use almond milk instead of regular milk!), sundried tomatoes, and fresh chopped spinach. It’s so freaking good!
Honestly, this is one of my favorite healthy dinners. It comes together in less than 30 minutes and all in one skillet too. The sauce is probably the best part – creamy, seasoned perfectly, and light enough where you don’t feel guilty after eating it. I pour a good amount over my chicken and whatever side dish I’m serving with it!
Make sure that you slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make them thinner; they will cook all the way through way faster. I also want to have a discussion on why chicken breasts are so big now, but that’s for another post.
If you check out my Instagram, you’ll see a Reel I posted for this that walks you through all the steps! I actually used sundried tomatoes that were more of a paste, but still super tasty. Season to your liking, and serve this One-Skillet Tuscan Chicken over some jasmine rice. And after you’ve tried both the Whole30 and Traditional versions, let me know which one you like best in the comments!
One-Skillet Tuscan Chicken
- 2 ct. chicken breasts sliced lengthwise to make 4 thinner pieces
- 1 tbsp adobo seasoning
- 2 tsp harissa seasoning
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Take your chicken breasts and slice them lengthwise to create 4, thinner pieces of chicken. Season with Adobo & harissa seasoning on both sides.
- Pour olive oil into a skillet heated on medium heat. Cook the chicken breasts until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the chicken broth and dijon mustard. Stir using a spatula until your chicken broth starts to bubble.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, chopped spinach, heavy cream, and unsweetened almond milk. Stir well.
- Place the cooked chicken breasts on top of the cream sauce. Cook for 5 more minutes or so, until the sauce is boiling and slightly thickened.
- Using a spoon, baste the chicken breasts with the cream sauce. Serve over rice or with potatoes. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.93
- Total Cost (4 pieces): $3.70
- Those Other Guys: $13.99 per serving