Sweet Chili Jerk Chicken Wings are the PERFECT game-day appetizer! Made with sweet chili sauce + jerk sauce for a kick of heat, these babies will disappear fast. You can make them with fried, baked, or air fried wings!
Don’t you love a good sweat heat combination for your wing sauce? Look no further, because these Sweet Chili Jerk wings pack the perfect amount of punch. They come together so easily too, so you’ll want to keep making them over and over!
How to Make Sweet Chili Jerk Wings
I perfected my Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Wing recipe and you won’t need any other way to make them after that! Baking them is great because you use lots of less grease as opposed to frying, plus you don’t have your entire kitchen smelling like old frying oil!
A few keys to success:
- You want to make sure you pat the wings dry before seasoning and baking. If you buy the frozen party wings and defrost them, make sure you DON’T skip this step!
- There are two-piece baking pans that come with a rack and the pan… this is essential to perfect crispy-baked wings that are juicy on the inside. While they bake on the rack, the extra juices drain to the pan below it and avoid that soggy texture we don’t want.
- High heat! 400°F is the perfect temperature to crisp up that skin without burning.
When you follow my techniques, you get perfect crispy-baked wings each and every time that hold up to any type of wing sauce!
For these sweet chili jerk wings, simply mix all of the sauce ingredients into a bowl and then add your wings so you can toss everything together. To get an even better depth of flavor, toss these back in the oven on broil for a few minutes so the sauce begins to caramelize. It's divine! Finally, add some optional sesame seeds and green onions on top. Serve these next to some fresh veggies and my recipe for homemade fries – heavenly! And let me know in the comments section below: Are you team air fryer wings or team baked wings?
Other Party Appetizers You’ll Love!
Sweet Chili Jerk Wings
Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Wings
- 28 ct. chicken wings (party-sized)
- 2 tbsp. McCormick roasted garlic & herb seasoning
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
Sweet Chili Jerk Wing Sauce
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp. jerk sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- sesame seeds for garnish
- green onions for garnish
- Add the wings to a large bowl and pat them dry (take your time to do this thoroughly – the drier they are, the better!)
- Sprinkle the garlic & herb seasoning, garlic powder, and smoked paprika on the wings. Toss wings to ensure equal coverage.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap or a lid and let the seasonings marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add the baking powder to the wings and toss once more.
- Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet and spray the rack with non-stick spray. Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil to catch any drippings.
- Add the seasoned wings on the wire rack. It's okay if they are a little snug on the rack; they shrink while cooking.
- Bake the wings on your lowest oven rack for 20 minutes. Flip the wings, then cook for the remaining 20 minutes on the highest oven rack.
- Remove them from the oven, and set aside to be tossed with the sauce below.
Sweet Chili Jerk Sauce
- Add the sweet chili sauce, jerk sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Stir until combined.
- Add in the wings and toss until fully coated.
- Set the wings back in the broiler for 5 minutes on low, until the sauce begins to caramelize.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions and serve hot. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $1.78
- Total Cost (28 wings): $8.29
- Those Other Guys: $15.99+ per serving