Y’ALL. Get into that crispy texture of these oven-baked wings.
Remember my other post where I confided in you guys about my kitchen gadget obsession? (That’s still a thing, BTW.) Well, I truly think an air fryer might be the next one on my list. I’ve heard just way too many great things about it. You can make wings, fries, seafood, burgers, the possibilities are endless.
In the meantime… what is a girl to do when she wants crispy wings and doesn’t have an air fryer? We make due in the oven!
These crispy oven-baked wings are so crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Bursting with flavor, and not even requiring a lot of prep, I was mind-blown that these came out so well in the oven!! The key is to take party-sized wings and dry them off really well before seasoning, then roast them at a high temperature.
The only “special” item this recipe requires is a wire rack – normally used for cooling baked goods. Even if you don’t bake a lot, I suggest grabbing one because they have so many other uses in the kitchen.
I can’t wait for you to try these super tasty wings (and feel free to toss with your favorite sauce, obv.)
Have you taken the plunge and bought an air fryer? What are your thoughts?
Shani’s update: So I finally got the perfect air-fryer (thanks, mom!) and you guys will now be able to get recipe instructions for cooking items both ways. For air-fried chicken, see the cooking details for my lemon pepper wet wings. Also, check out my air-fried coconut shrimp for a tropical spin on your next appetizer.
Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Wings
- 24 ct. chicken wings (party sized)
- 2 tbsp. McCormick roasted garlic & herb seasoning
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add wings to a large bowl & pat wings dry (take your time to do this thoroughly – the drier they are the better!)
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle McCormick seasoning on the wings. I also add a little garlic powder & red pepper because why not?
- Toss wings to ensure equal coverage. Cover bowl with cling wrap/lid and let seasonings marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet and spray rack with non-stick spray. Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil to catch drippings.
- Add seasoned wings on the wire rack, ensuring a little space is in between each wing.
- Bake wings for about 40-50 minutes until cooked fully through and the skin is crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve; this seasoning makes wings taste amazing on their own but you can also toss in your favorite sauces. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving (6 wings): $1.50
- Total Cost (24 wings): $5.99
- Those Other Guys: $8.99+ per serving