This recipe for homemade bang bang sauce is going to be a staple in your fridge. Made with only 3 ingredients, you can use this tangy, savory sauce on anything!
If you’ve ever been to Bonefish Grill, you’ve probably had their iconic bang bang shrimp – fried shrimp tossed with a savory pale pink sauce. Now, you can have the sauce right at home with only 3 staple ingredients! Put this copycat recipe on meats, veggies, or grains.
- Mayonnaise – Bang bang sauce is similar to an aioli; so we’re going to use mayo as the base of our recipe. You can use whatever kind you prefer – regular, olive-oil mayonnaise, or vegan mayo.
- Sweet Chili Sauce – The hint of sweetness comes from Thai sweet chili sauce! I normally find a jar in the Asian or International aisle of the grocery store.
- Sriracha – To balance everything together, a hint of sriracha provides the perfect amount of heat.
What Can I Put Bang Bang Sauce On?
Bang Bang sauce is incredibly tasty – and the pairing possibilities are really endless.
There’s the classic bang bang shrimp, or you can skip the fryer and try my Grilled Bang Bang Shrimp recipe…
You can drizzle it over veggies – try it with roasted broccoli or dip some pan-roasted asparagus into a bowl of sauce…
You can even mix it into a hot bowl of rice or quinoa! The taste goes well with almost everything.
Other Tasty Dips & Sauces You’ll Love!
Bang Bang Sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a sauce bowl until fully combined.
- Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator until ready. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.17
- Total Cost (4 servings): $0.67
- Those Other Guys: $2.99 per order