My super easy Homemade Ranch Dip is everything you can want in a dip – thick, creamy, tangy, and it’s high protein! In literally 5 minutes, you’ll have the best healthy homemade ranch.
Isn’t that picture a beauty? Okay, so I’ve been focused on making more wholesome plates (lots of veggies, lean protein, carbs for energy) and using less processed stuff.
The store-bought bottles of ranch have so much junk included in the recipe list! While I was in the grocery aisle, I literally just thought – why not make some myself? And let me tell you, this stuff is seriously addicting. As the photo suggests, definitely try these with my savory Air Fried Potato Wedges!
- Greek Yogurt – to add in some extra protein, we use plain, nonfat Greek yogurt as the main base for this dip. It also helps us get that creamy consistency we’re looking for!
- Mayonnaise – A little bit of mayonnaise adds a more balanced flavor and some healthy fats.
- Dill Weed – You can find this in the seasoning aisle of your local grocery store. This is the key to that classic ranch flavor – no premade seasoning packets required for this recipe!
- Worcestershire Sauce – Shh… This is my secret ingredient. A splash of Worcestershire gives a slight smoky flavor that makes this ranch dip undeniably delicious.
- Lemon Juice – A splash of lemon juice really lightens up the flavor of the ranch dip! Don’t skip this ingredient.
Most definitely! The dip is going to be very thick and creamy… but to make a dressing consistency, all you do is thin it out with a bit of water. I list some instructions for that in the recipe card.
I’ve kept this in the refrigerator for 3 weeks – just make sure you seal it well. But trust me, your family will eat this up way before then!
This recipe for homemade ranch actually has no sweeteners – no sugar, honey, nothing! I’ve found that a lot of dressings and dips have unnecessary sweeteners inside. You don’t need any sugar in this at all; save your sugar intake for the good stuff.
Other Homemade Sauces and Dressings You’ll Love!
Easy Homemade Ranch Dip (High Protein!)
- 1 ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dill weed
- ½ tsp black pepper
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- You can eat right away, but chilling in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or more really makes the seasonings pop!
To Make Ranch Dressing
- The above instructions make a thick dip. To create a salad dressing, all you need is water to thin it out slightly.
- Start out with ¼ cup of water and mix well. If you want it a bit thinner, add another tsp. of water at a time. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.16
- Total Cost (16 servings): $2.51
- Those Other Guys: $3.29 per bottle