Thank God for Sprouts Farmers Market and Creamy 5-Minute Homemade Guacamole.
I walked in for my weekly fruit/veggie haul, and I saw a sign… 3 avocados for $1!
How can you look at a deal like that and not think guacamole?? I normally buy a couple of avocados to eat with various meals anyway, but since football is back on TV I couldn’t wait to grab a bunch of these and make some homemade guac.
This is a super simple, 5-minute recipe for creamy homemade guacamole. Simply add all of the fresh ingredients to a large bowl, mash with a fork, and season to taste. For a spicy kick, add a little bit of chopped jalapeño! Eat by itself, or add to some of your favorite Mexican recipes like my spicy shrimp burrito bowl!
I also took the time (and willpower) to test all the different ways to prevent your guac from browning. You guys know, there is nothing less appetizing than super brown guacamole on a plate. Scroll to the end of the recipe to see the sort of crazy strategy that made my batch last 3 days! (It was actually kind of hard to not eat it all before then…)
Shani’s note: This is a great recipe for parties, but it can be hard to time when to make your guacamole without it sitting too long and starting to brown. My favorite hack is to pack all of the un-prepared ingredients into a large bowl and cover with a cutting board and plastic wrap. When you arrive at the party, you have everything you need to make a fresh batch for the festivities!
Creamy 5-Minute Guacamole
- 4 ct. avocados
- ¼ ct. red onion
- 2 ct. Roma tomatoes
- 1 ct. lime
- Dice red onion and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh into a large bowl. Add red onion and tomatoes. Juice the lime over all of the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and mash all ingredients together with a fork until combined.
- Serve immediately with chips and veggies and enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.38
- Total Cost (about 6 servings): $2.29
- Those Other Guys: $4.99 a serving