The inspiration for my Green Goddess Shrimp Salad came to me kind of unexpectedly. I went and grabbed dinner with a friend from this new restaurant not far from my house. This shrimp salad option literally jumped off the menu and told me to order it.
This is kind of rare; normally, I don’t try salads at places I’ve never been to because I feel like it’s hard to make a bad salad. So how else am I going to get to judge the food?? Also, salads at a lot of places are really overpriced when you think about how much it costs to just make it yourself.
Anywho, this salad was so freaking good, y’all. I immediately went home and started planning my grocery list to recreate it for my lunch meal preps that next week.
There’s something about a perfectly crafted salad. With the right ingredients, it’s light and filling. With the right flavor combinations, it keeps your taste buds on their toes. And unless you slather on too much dressing or add really unhealthy toppings, it’s such a great and nutritious meal option.
I thought that now would be the perfect time to add a bunch of my salad recipes back into rotation and onto Coined Cuisine (With my trip to Cancun coming soon; bikini pics, here I come.) Some people think that salads are only a summer food, to which I say get outta here!
I love salads all year round, but they make the perfect balance for my diet during the holiday season. You know, that time where heavy carbs and sweets are everywhere you look.
This Green Goddess Shrimp Salad recipe is filled with juicy veggies, plump shrimp, and a generous drizzle of Green Goddess dressing. I actually made my own for this picture but the recipe isn’t quite perfected yet… so stay tuned. In the meantime, you can use your favorite store-bought brand.
Looking for an incredibly easy meal prep? This is a perfect option. Simply prepare all of your ingredients and store the lettuce away from any “wet” foods (like the tomatoes or the dressing.) When you’re ready to eat, assemble your salad and you have a tasty meal that comes together in minutes.
Let me know in the comments: what other salads would you love to see on the blog?
Green Goddess Shrimp Salad
- 10 ct. shrimp large
- 3 cups spring mix & spinach 50/50 blend chopped
- 3 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 3 oz. sweet corn fresh or canned
- 2 ct. medium avocado
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. McCormick roasted garlic & herb seasoning
- ¼ cup green goddess dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Toss the corn with olive oil and seasonings (I like salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and cumin for a spicy kick.) Roast the corn for about 10 minutes until crispy and fragrant.
- While the corn is roasting, season your shrimp with the McCormick seasoning and some paprika. Sauté the shrimp in a small skillet for 3-5 minutes until pink. Set aside.
- Chop your salad blend and season the leaves with a pinch of black pepper. Seasoning your lettuce is the key to great homemade salads that taste like the expensive ones you buy from restaurants!
- Slice cherry tomatoes and cube avocados.
- In a bowl, assemble your salad with the lettuce mix, corn, shrimp, tomatoes, and avocado.
- Either toss with dressing or leave on the side.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Meal Prep Notes:
- This makes a great and healthy meal prep option for lunch. Simply prepare all of your ingredients and store the lettuce separately from wet ingredients (dressing, tomatoes, etc.) to avoid sogginess.
- I also cut my avocado the same day to prevent browning. Assemble everything for a 2-minute light lunch during the week!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $3.77
- Total Cost (2 bowls): $7.54
- Those Other Guys: $13.99 per bowl