No machine required – this No-Churn Cookies & Cream Ice Cream is the perfect easy summer dessert that your whole family will devour!
If you know me, you know that my absolute weakness is ice cream. I can eat it on a hot or cold day; or if I’m super happy or super sad. Well, I finally tried out making it myself (with no ice cream maker)…and OMG. I present to you: No-Churn Cookies & Cream Ice Cream!
The absolute hardest part of this recipe is waiting for it to freeze. I kept wanting to check on it (read: start eating it) but I held on strong… and boy is this stuff worth the wait! Make this for your Memorial Day BBQ and be the life of the party!
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Sometimes it’s just called heavy cream. We’re going to whip this up to give our ice cream a nice, fluffy texture.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – A can of this will provide the perfect amount of sweetness and help the ice cream freeze correctly.
- Oreos – You can’t have cookies & cream flavor without Oreos! I like to chop some into big chunks, and then crumble some of them into smaller pieces so you get a different bite each time.
- Salt & Vanilla Extract – It sounds a bit crazy, but a pinch of salt will balance out the sweetness of the other ingredients. And the vanilla extract gives our vanilla ice cream base a pop of flavor.
How to Make Homemade Ice Cream Without a Machine
And no, you don’t have to use a Ziploc bag, some rock salt, or a lot of arm strength either!
The easiest way to make homemade ice cream without an ice cream machine is exactly how we’re making it below. You’re going to start out by whipping heavy cream + vanilla extract + salt until stiff peaks form – using either a hand mixer or stand mixer. Then, stir in the sweetened condensed milk. That’s literally it for a perfect vanilla base.
Now for this recipe, we take it to the next level by adding in chopped Oreos. You can’t beat the classic cookies & cream flavor. After stirring in your toppings, simply add it to a bowl (I use a loaf pan), seal it with plastic wrap, and freeze for about 4 hours! It’s so easy and delicious.
Not at all! While many recipes (especially those that require an ice cream maker) call for milk or eggs, my no-churn ice cream recipe doesn’t need either of those.
Of course – just skip stirring in the Oreos. I would also recommend using vanilla bean paste to really make your flavors pop.
Sure can. 4 hours is the minimum, but as long as it’s well-sealed (I normally do two or three layers), you’re in the clear!
Other Sweet Treats You’ll Love!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
Chewy Oatmeal Cookies (One-Bowl!)
No-Churn Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
- 1 pt heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ rows Oreo cookies chopped into chunks and small pieces
- Add heavy cream, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt to a large mixing bowl.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the cream mixture with a whisk attachment until stiff peaks form, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk using a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the chopped Oreo pieces.
- Add the mixture to a 9×5 loaf pan. I like to top it with a few more crumbled Oreos for the aesthetics.
- Cover with plastic wrap, then aluminum foil. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Enjoy!
Craving more? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, Tiktok, and Pinterest
for even more money-smart meals!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.59
- Total Cost: $5.92
- Those Other Guys: $3.50+ per cone