Let me tell y’all the crazy story with these blueberry drop biscuits.
So here I am a few months ago: I was getting ready to travel and I wouldn’t be at my apartment for a week or so. A few days before I was scheduled to leave, I made a task of only making meals that would clean out my refrigerator and pantry. Can’t let my food go to waste, right?
I had some Greek yogurt and blueberries that I wanted to get rid of after making a batch of my Frozen Yogurt Bark. Since I didn’t have anything sweet in my kitchen, I just started throwing those ingredients (and a few others) into a bowl; literally not even measuring anything like a lunatic. I figured I could make some sort of cookie.
I baked them in the oven, and audibly gasped when I took them out. Although not a delicious cookie, I somehow Frankenstein’d a biscuit recipe – fluffy, buttery, and slightly sweet. I was so happy!! “Let’s add this to the blog this week!” I said.
*cue car crash sound effect* How can I share this delicious and easy recipe with you when I didn’t measure anything??
I was slightly annoyed (but not too much; I still had these yummy biscuits to munch on.) And resolved to try and remake them when I got back from vacation.
I’ll save you guys the agonizing test process, but after about 3-4 batches; I finally recreated the magic of that fateful evening. So I present to you, the easiest accidental blueberry drop biscuits you’ll ever make!
These are baked until golden brown and the blueberries are soft and juicy. Just a little sweetness from the sugar goes so well with the fruit. Don’t feel intimidated by the fact that you’re making biscuits – this recipe is foolproof and so simple! I also included freezing instructions in the recipe because I have no self-control; I have to freeze most of my bread recipes before I eat them up.
Now, I’m going to bask in these photos and have a few of my biscuits with some green tea for breakfast.
Easy Blueberry Drop Biscuits
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ct. egg
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pint blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the softened butter, Greek yogurt, egg, and sugar until combined.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients, a little at a time.
- Stir in the blueberries. Your dough should be evenly mixed and slightly thick.
- Using a spoon, drop the dough onto a baking sheet that is prepared with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm. Enjoy!
- To freeze for later: Drop dough onto a baking sheet using a spoon, and cover with plastic wrap. Set the baking sheet into the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour, until solid. Transfer over to a large freezer-safe bag. You can go straight from the freezer to the oven with these biscuits; no need to defrost!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.32
- Total Cost (about 16 biscuits): $2.48
- Those Other Guys: $3.99 per biscuit