Making Homemade Strawberry Muffins are easy and quick, plus you have a delicious on-the-go breakfast already prepared! We’re going to use some fresh, seasonal strawberries, non-dairy milk, and a touch of honey to create these tasty treats.
Someone told me once that muffins were just breakfast cupcakes, and I haven’t looked at them the same since. Regardless, I love a good dessert at any time of day, so these Strawberry Muffins are right on time. I’m talking fluffy, the perfect amount of sweetness, and plump berries in every bite.
How to Make Easy Homemade Strawberry Muffins
I specifically made this a small batch recipe, because most recipes out there make 12+ muffins at a time. I don’t really have the self-control to have a dozen muffins just sitting in my house, staring at me… so this will yield 6-8.
Before, I’d always just grab the little $1 pack of Martha White muffin mix. It’s cheap and easy. However, these have really changed the game! They have the perfect hint of cinnamon, and the real berries taste so much better than the dehydrated kind you get in store-bought mixes.
Because I’m so used to a quick fix with muffins, I wanted to make sure this recipe was really easy and won’t take long. You don’t even need a mixer honestly, and the ingredient list is pretty much all staple stuff you should have in your pantry.
After about 10 minutes of prep and 25 minutes in the oven, these babies are ready to go. I love all of my baked goods to be warm, so you can eat straight from the oven if you want. These will keep for 3-4 days, so you can make a batch at the beginning of the week and have a grab-and-go breakfast ready to go!
You have to give these Strawberry Muffins a try! I’m starting with a classic, but stay tuned for some variances; I really want to try a cheesecake muffin, or branch into different kinds of fruit… Also, if you haven’t had my Lemon-Raspberry Oat Muffins, I definitely recommend them for a boost of fiber!
Other Tasty Breakfast Ideas!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour + 1 tbsp. to toss with strawberries
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ct. egg
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¾ cup diced strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Add liners to a cupcake pan, if preferred.
- Whisk together 1 cup of flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- In another medium-sized bowl, add the softened butter and granulated sugar. Cream both ingredients together for about 2 minutes using a whisk or a mixer.
- Add in the egg, almond milk, vanilla extract, and honey. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the dry ingredients a little bit at a time, using a spatula to stir.
- Toss the chopped strawberries with 1 tbsp. of flour; slowly fold into the batter. Your batter will be thick!
- Using a large spoon or an ice cream scoop, pour the batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the tops are slightly browned and crispy. Keep fresh for 3-4 days. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.28
- Total Cost (8 muffins): $2.20
- Those Other Guys: $4 per muffin