Let’s get into these juicy, lemon pepper wet wings.
So I stay in Atlanta, and although I don’t think we are the #1 wing spot (that’s reserved for Memphis!) the city comes in a very strong Top 2.
There are wing spots everywhere you look around here. And on Atlanta, one of my favorite shows by the super talented Donald Glover, one of the main characters gets hooked up with a special “off-the-menu” box of lemon pepper wet wings. The entire box lights up and everyone at the table is gasping in awe that they are about to experience these “for the free”.
In real life Atlanta, this flavor isn’t so rare; although I think you’ll be hard-pressed to find these wings outside of the city. The two top contenders that serve lemon pepper wet are American Deli and JR Crickets.
Today, I’m gifting y’all with my spin on the American Deli version of lemon pepper wet wings. And as a special bonus – I’m showing two ways to cook them… air-fried or crispy baked. That’s right guys, I finally got an air fryer and I am excited!! I can’t wait to show more air fryer recipes on the site.
These wings are juicy and zesty, healthier than their fried counterparts, and the perfect way to treat yourself. I love to make these for watching the game on TV or when I feel like take-out but I don’t want to spend that extra $$ on delivery fees. But really, who doesn’t love wings? You can make these on a Tuesday afternoon and your tastebuds will sing.
Serve these next to some fresh veggies and my recipe for homemade fries – heavenly!
ATL-Style Lemon Pepper Wet Wings (Air Fried or Baked!)
- 12 ct. chicken wings (party-sized)
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley optional
For the wings:
- Add wings to a large bowl & pat wings dry (take your time to do this thoroughly – the drier they are the better!)
- Drizzle grapeseed oil and sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning on the wings. I also add a little garlic powder and paprika for color and flavor. Let marinate.
- Using an air fryer? Fry using the machine's directions (my instructions stated 390°F for about 15 minutes.)
- Baking in an oven? Follow the cooking instructions on my recipe for Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Wings.
- One cooked, toss in the sauce below.
For the sauce:
- Melt the butter and stir in the hot sauce for a little kick. Add optional chopped parsley.
- Take the cooked, seasoned wings and toss in the wing sauce. Serve with fries, celery, and carrots. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving (6 wings): $2.10
- Total Cost (2 servings): $4.19
- Those Other Guys: $8.00 a serving