There’s nothing like an easy homemade pan pizza coming fresh out of the oven to really make your day. Whether you make this for lunch, dinner, or switch it up to make a breakfast pizza – this recipe will give you the tips & tricks to make the best pie!
Homemade pizza is the best. It’s so much less expensive than buying delivery. You can make your own toppings and flavor combos. And you have a fresh pizza ready in less than 15 minutes. Pizza decorating party, anyone?
- 10-Minute No Rise Pizza Dough – Full transparency… you can make this with store-bought dough. I’ve done it many times myself. BUT, the brand-name stuff simply can’t compare to my super quick pizza dough recipe! It puffs up beautifully, has the perfect balance of flavors, and gives you that extra sense of accomplishment. You won’t regret making it homemade!
- Pizza Sauce – Grab your favorite flavor of pizza sauce… or, make your own! I usually get some with lots of garlic & basil flavors.
- Toppings – Go crazy with your favorite proteins, veggies, and fruits on top of the pizza. And don’t forget the cheese!
How to Make Homemade Pizza in a Sheet Pan
Pizza itself is a pretty straightforward process… so I’m gonna give you guys my top tips & tricks to have the best homemade pan pizza – every time!
- Every good pizza starts with an amazing dough. Yeah, you can use store-bought stuff to save a little time… but I have a recipe on Coined Cuisine for homemade pizza dough made in 10 minutes. It’s absolutely stellar!
- Our dough recipe from above is going to be stretchy enough to shape into any sort of shape you need. I usually make my homemade pizzas on a 9×13 cookie sheet.
- Also, if you’re going with a homemade yeast dough like we’re using today, be sure to poke holes all throughout the dough before parbaking (see below). That way, it won’t puff up too much!
- I’m not super picky about my sauces… but some people are, and that’s okay! You want to go with a store-bought or homemade sauce that is your favorite. Garlic & basil are my go-to tomato based flavors.
- You can get creative with your sauces too… try a white sauce, BBQ sauce, or a garlic + herb base!
- You need to shred your own cheese. I know, I know! It’s one more dish to wash and a little more arm work. But it’s truly so worth it. You get a much better melt, a better flavor, and you’re able to make your own cheese blends!
- Speaking of blends… Don’t be basic with your cheese. Add at least two different types of cheeses on your pizza. This recipe uses mozzarella and Monterey Jack, but you can also use mozz + gouda, pepper jack + provolone, or goat cheese + parmesan!
- This is when you can go crazy. Pizza combinations are literally endless! Our family’s favorite is turkey pepperoni + sun-dried tomatoes + pesto. You can also try Italian sausage + sweet peppers, or seasoned chicken + caramelized onions.
More Pizza Night Recipes You’ll Love!
Easy Homemade Pan Pizzas
- 2 cups warm (not hot) water
- 2 packets active dry yeast 3 teaspoons
- 2 tbsp. granulated white sugar
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 8 oz pizza sauce jarred or homemade
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese shredded
- 6 oz. Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- spinach leaves (optional)
- garlic butter (optional)
Quick Homemade Pizza Dough
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the warm water.
- Add the active dry yeast and sugar; let sit for 5 minutes until the mixture is frothy.
- Pour in the olive oil and gently stir with a spatula until combined.
- Add in the flour and salt; mix with the spatula until a slightly sticky ball forms. Create a dough ball (using a bit more flour if needed.)
- Transfer your dough ball to a floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth.
- Split the dough in half and roll them into your desired shape. Transfer the dough to two sheet pans sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Poke holes in the dough with a fork to avoid the crusts puffing up. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Parbake the crusts for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the par-baked crusts and spread tomato sauce on each. Add your cheese, meats, and veggies on top.
- Bake for 10 – 13 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from the oven and brush the crusts with garlic butter.
- Top with your favorite pizza toppings: crushed red pepper, parmesan flakes, grated cheese, balsamic glaze, etc. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per pizza: $2.69
- Total Cost (serving size: 2 pan pizzas): $5.37
- Those Other Guys: $12.99 per pizza