I’m not sure how we went from no Mexican recipes on here (a total tragedy), to probably my 4th one in 2 months.. but these easy Ground Chicken Tacos will surely make up for it, right?
Most people know that I rarely eat beef, and I reserve my self-allotted pork budget for real bacon. So when it comes to tacos, it’s always either chicken, seafood, or some vegetarian option. I’ve also spoken before about why ground chicken is one of my favorite things – it’s cheaper than ground turkey, lighter than beef, & still flavorful. Well, a recipe for Ground Chicken Tacos was definitely overdue on Coined Cuisine!
It’s not really anything fancy going on for this recipe. You guys know how to make a taco. I really just wanted to highlight the ease of cooking the ground chicken. Also, if you’re like me and are ready to eat as soon as everything’s done, don’t worry about assembling tacos for everyone in the family. Simply store all of the separate ingredients in serving bowls, and let each person customize their taco the way they want to!
I always love lettuce blend, pico/tomatoes, cotija cheese, and avocado chunks if I have them in the fridge. Feel free to top however you like!
So for now, we have a Whole30/seafood taco recipe and a ground chicken recipe. What’s next? Should I show you guys how to make a juicy steak into decadent tacos? What about a vegan/vegetarian version? Let me know in the comments.
Ground Chicken Tacos
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning plus more, to taste
- ½ ct. red onion
- 1 ct. tomato
- ⅓ head romaine or iceberg lettuce
- ¾ cup cotija cheese crumbled
- fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 pack corn tortillas street taco size
- avocado crema optional
- Cook the ground chicken on medium heat until completely cooked through, about 15 minutes. Season mixture with taco seasoning to your taste preference.
- While the meat is cooking, chop up all of your veggies and store them in serving bowls. Finely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Removed cooked meat and set aside. Don't drain any excess liquid.
- In the same skillet, warm up the corn tortillas on both sides.
- Finally, assemble tacos (or simply set out all of the meat, veggies, and cheese and let your family do the hard work!) Serve with lime slices and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $1.78
- Total Cost (4 servings): $7.12
- Those Other Guys: $12.99 per serving