These Crispy Smashed Potatoes did not last long in my house when I made them. And the second time. And the time after that. They are really just that good!
A few weeks ago, I got tired of eating potatoes the same ways for dinner (fries, mashed, baked, etc…) and really just wanted a different vibe for my side dish. Well, this turned out to be everything I could ask for.
Crispy on the outside, still fluffy and warm on the inside; seasoned perfectly, and just the right (healthy) amount of butter – omg! Not to mention how cheap the entire recipe costs for about 4 servings. I quickly had to add this to my rotation of go-to side dishes.
To make the perfect Crispy Smashed Potatoes, we’re going to start by boiling our washed petite gold potatoes until they are fork-tender. After they cool for a few minutes, slice them in half and assemble them on a prepared baking sheet.
Here’s the fun part: Smash all of the potatoes into discs; the flatter, the better. Drizzle the butter and olive oil on top (this combination ensures maximum crispiness!), then season well. From there, you simply bake and they are ready to go! I can’t wait to hear how you guys love these.
Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- 1 lb. bag petite gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Wash potatoes. Boil in a large pot of salted water for 15 minutes, or until they are fork-tender. Let potatoes cool for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 390°F. Prepare a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Slice each potato in half. Add them to the prepared baking sheet.
- Using a potato masher or the back of a cup/mug, smash the potatoes. You want them to be flat, but try to avoid breaking them apart as much as you can!
- Add the melted butter and olive oil together; drizzle over the potatoes.
- Stir all of the seasonings together and season the potatoes thoroughly and evenly.
- Bake the smashed potatoes for 35-40 minutes. Potatoes will be crispy and golden. Enjoy!
The Coined Breakdown
- Total Cost per serving: $0.71
- Total Cost (4 servings): $2.83
- Those Other Guys: $9.99 per serving